We are really proud to announce ‘RootOne’, a brand-new plugin that gives punch to your low-end!
Just like previous plugins, RootOne was born from necessity and experience. As Robin Reumers, co-founder of Leapwing, explains: “The 3 of us, as well as other engineers we talked to, were often dissatisfied with traditional subharmonics generators. They often cause phase shifting in the low-end, resulting in a sense of detachment from the original sound. We therefore wanted to develop a new approach for generating low frequencies.”
This inspired the Leapwing team to create their own analysis-synthesis algorithm, which allows users to generate the cleanest subharmonics possible, phase-aligned with the original sound.
RootOne lets you set 3 low-frequency bands with variable crossover frequencies. After careful amplitude and phase analysis, each band looks for a frequency an octave above and generates a clean subharmonic note within the selected band.
Each band gives the user control over
1. drive: decide how much of each subharmonic to send to the saturation section
2. dynamics: control how dynamic your low-end will be while tracking the original amplitude shape
3. decay: shape the amplitude decay curve all the way from brief to extended decay
And last but not least, there is an additional 4th “harmonics” band, focused around the lower midrange, where you can add saturation. This allows low frequency sounds to cut through on smaller speakers. All in all, you’re given immense control over your low-end to create new artistic possibilities!
• Unique Subharmonics Generator: proprietary algorithm for the cleanest low frequencies.
• Pitch Follower and Phase Alignment: instead of simply pitch shifting the signal, we use advanced analysis to generate subharmonics that are phase-aligned with the source.
• Full Harmonics Shaping: saturation module allows you to shape midrange harmonics, letting them to cut through on smaller speakers
• Ultimate dynamics, drive and decay control: immense control to get your newly generated subharmonics exactly how you want them
• Simple yet Beautiful Design: Modern resizable Retina interface with unique design for an optimal workflow
• Multiple DAW & OS Compatibility: Available on Mac OSX (10.10 +), Windows 8, 10 (64-bit only) in AAX-Native, VST, VST3 and AU
Leapwing Audio RootOne is now available for EUR 199, USD 199 or GBP 179, and you can download a free 30-day trial: